STS ICP RIE
Surface Technology Systems
Cleanroom G07 LISE
The STS MPX/LPX RIE system is an Inductively Coupled Plasma Reactor that is used for Reactive Ion Etch. Using the ICP technology, this etch system is characterized with high plasma density, low operating pressure, high etch rate, excellent etch uniformity and low energy ion damage. Equipped with a chiller, the MPX/LPX system allows the substrate temperature to be controlled from 5 to 30o°C.
The STS ICP RIE will be restricted to etch silicon-based materials, which include Si, SiO2, and Si3N4.
– ICP assembly upper electrode powered up to 1,500 W
– RF biased lower electrode powered up to 300 W and chilled to 4 to 30o°C
– Single wafer loadlock up to 6″ wafer
– Available gases: SF6, CHF3, CH4, H2, Cl2, HBr, BCl3, Ar, N2, O2, and N2
– Internet remote control capability
Preliminary etching processes have been established for Si and Si3N4/SiO2/Si substrates. In general, the etching processes demonstrated smooth & clean etched surfaces, vertical side walls, high etch rate, and good selectivity to mask materials.