Cleanroom G07 LISE
Equipment description and usage:
NEXX RIE-6 is an ECR (electron cyclotron resonance) reactive plasma etch system. ECR produces high plasma density and low ion energy at low chamber pressure, resulting in high etch rate, good etching uniformity and low ion damage. The system is integrated with a load-lock wafer transporter, allowing fast system pumping-down and low base pressure (10-6) to 10-7 Torr). Backside helium fluid-cooled chuck allows substrate temperature to be controlled in -15 to +80°C range. The entire system is computer controlled.
Reactive ion etch of semiconductor and other dielectric, metals and polymers thin films.
* ECR high-density plasma system
* Fully integrated load lock with automatic wafer-pallet transport system
* Substrate cooling and heating * Available gases: CF4, CHF3, Cl2, Ar, O2, H2, CH4, He
* Turbomolecular pump, backed by an oil-free mechanic pump, base pressure down in the 10-6 to 10-8 Torr range
* Etching uniformity: 10% across 2″ substrate * Wafer size: 4″ to 6″