The Asylum Research Cypher and Cypher ES offer significant improvements in speed, resolution, and performance. The system uses a 3rd generation NPSTM system to offer 60 pm positional control with industry leading low noise scanners (XY<60 pm and Z<50 pm) and detector with very high bandwidth (7 MHz).
Mode’s and Techniques:
* Contact: Uses feedback on deflection. Height, deflection, and lateral force (LFM) signals available.
* AC: Uses feedback on amplitude. Signals available include height, amplitude/phase, I/Q, deflection, lateral; digital Q-control included.
* Force: Force curve acquisition and mapping in contact or AC mode. Triggering/feedback allow for a wide variety of force curve modes.
* Dual AC: Provides multiple frequency drives and analyses for bimodal and harmonic measurements and imaging.
* Piezoresponse Force Microscopy (PFM): Enables high sensitivity, high bias and crosstalk free measurements of piezo materials.
* Electric Force Microscopy (EFM)
* Magnetic Force Microscopy (MFM)
* Surface Potential
* Frequency Modulation (FM)
* Operation in fluid
* Conductive AFM with ORCA Module: Provides low-current measurements at constant applied voltage for electrical characterization.
* Scanning Tunneling Microscopy (STM)
* blueDrive Photothermal Excitation
* Band Excitation for measurement of materials properties.